On behalf of the Board, I am very pleased to say that the moment for reopening the Club since we were forced to close on 26 June 2021 by NSW Government and NSW Health is almost upon us.
Monday 11th of October is the expected target date, being the first Monday after 70% of all eligible people being vaccinated under the soon to be revised NSW Public Health Orders.
The freedoms that will be available to all fully vaccinated people can be found in this link
Freedoms for fully vaccinated people | NSW Government
The compliance with the Public Health Orders, venue safety plans and guidance from NSW Health, are the means by which we ensure we can remain open.
While Covid restrictions on how we operate and engage with you will continue be social distancing, capacity limits and mask requirements we will work tirelessly to ensure that we are a safe and secure venue while looking to reduce the inconvenience you have had to endure.
Details of the Public Health Order restrictions can be found in the link
Public Health Orders and restrictions – COVID-19 (Coronavirus) (nsw.gov.au)
When we open the doors, it will be to fully vaccinated members and staff only.
The following entry procedures are expected to occur
- Scan the Club’s QR code with your device at the entrance to the building to check in.
- Show our Staff your QR code or let us check you in with your own Service NSW QR code or concierge Web browser.
- Show our Staff your Digital or Paper Vaccination Certificate or a valid Government approved medical exemption document
- The Club sign in terminal now includes a -COVID Vaccine Confirmation Screen
- Staff will confirm on screen that you are “fully Vaccinated against COVID-19” before proceeding to sign in.
- Confirmation by this method is only needed on the first visit
- Then swipe your membership card or valid photo ID at the club sign in terminal.
- On subsequent visits when the member swipes their card, the system will identify Vaccinated status and will proceed with sign in.
While we wait for the Vaccine Passport to be available, we would ask you to ensure you bring with you proof of vaccination with you.
Details on obtaining and proving vaccination. Medical exemptions and engagement can be found HERE.
We will work with you to assist any members who may have trouble in obtaining the proof of vaccination information and provide further information and guidance when you attend the venue.
We look forward to further easing of restrictions at the Club and in the community and the continued good health for all.
I thank you in advance for your support with the staff engaging with you in providing service across all the venue offerings.
We appreciate your understanding as we work within the mandatory requirements imposed on the club but are also in place for your security and safety.
Our priority as always is to ensure the mental health and wellbeing of our staff, members and guests.
Unfortunately, the issue and decisions around vaccination can be divisive and lead to arguments and hostility and any inappropriate or unwelcome engagement will be addressed.
The Board and all staff welcome you back and look forward to your return to normal aspects in our lives.
Chief Executive Officer